Resource Hints: Resource hints help browsers decide which resources to fetch and preprocess. WordPress 4.6 adds them automatically for your styles and scripts, making your site even faster. Robust Requests: The HTTP API now leverages the Requests library, improving HTTP standard support and adding case-insensitive headers, parallel HTTP requests, and support for Internationalized Domain Names. WP Term Query and WP Post Type: A new WP Term Query class adds flexibility to query term information while a new WP Post Type object makes interacting with post types more predictable. Meta Registration API: The Meta Registration API has been expanded to support types, descriptions, and REST API visibility. Translations On Demand: WordPress will install and use the newest language packs for your plugins and themes as soon as they’re available from WordPress.org’s community of translators.
Related Articles :
- How do you draw a circle? We analyzed 100,000 drawings to show how culture shapes our instincts.
- Best search engine optimization Plugins For WordPress
- Changing WordPress Themes: Does it Affect your Search Engine Visibility?
- June Open Source CMS Forecast: WordPress, Grav, Liferay, dotCMS Plan Releases
- Torque Magazine Launches Faces of WordPress
WordPress 4.7 is already in the works, though the company didn’t specify a month for its release. That said, we would estimate it probably won’t be out before November.