The National Union of Journalists of Ukraine has asked that the OSCE’s Special Monitoring Mission in gap Ukraine and International Committee of the Red Cross helped find Stanislav Aseyev, a blogger missing because of June 2.
Colleagues, family, and friends of Aseyev, who writes under the name Stanislav Vasin and contributes to RFE/RL’s Ukrainian Service, stated that they had had no contact with him for more than per week.
Former member of parliament Yehor Firsov, an established acquaintance of Aliyev’s, alleged in a June 6 Facebook put up that Aseyev were seized in Donetsk and forcibly held by way of Russia-subsidized separatist forces controlling the region, facts he repeated in a June 7 Facebook submit and a June 10 Ukrayinska Pravda blog post, bringing up “unofficial sources.”
RFE/RL Editor in Chief Nenad Pejic stated that Aliyev’s detention, if real, changed into “deeply alarming and lawless,” and that he feared the blogger’s lifestyles will be at risk. “We call for that he be released immediately, and that his safety is guaranteed,” Pejic stated.
Aseyev, who has noted his efforts to chronicle daily existence beneath the conflict situations within the Donetsk area as “my training,” publishes texts and photos approximately modern news and army tendencies, and posts approximately shopping, amusement and subculture each in separatist- and non-separatist-controlled cities.
He has also blanketed touchy issues relating to the struggle, inclusive of reactions amongst Donetsk residents to the obvious assassination in October 2016 of the infamous Russia-sponsored separatist commander referred to as “Motorola.”
Vasin additionally reviews for other Ukrainian courses, including Mirror of the Week and The Ukrainian Week.
Persuading Bloggers to Fall in Love With You
Before You Pitch
– Do take a look at out the sidebars for content material categories. Know earlier what’s applicable to every blogger. In brief, be familiar with what they like to write approximately.
– Do send your pitch in advance of your information going on or your product release. If time constraints are a trouble, make certain the blogger knows and honors embargoes.
Craft Your Pitch
OK, so now you’re ready to make your pitch.
Do observe those steps:
– Write a precise difficulty line.
– Briefly, introduce yourself on the start and point out the blogger’s call within the greeting.
– Explain why you’ve got selected the blogger as the recipient of your pitch. If a blogger suspects you are simply crossing a name of a protracted listing of contacts, you may possibly be not noted.
– Reveal why you suspect your pitch might hobby an ordinary reader. Be straightforward and cozy in the significance and value of your news, however no longer overconfident. Keep in thoughts that goal descriptions paintings better than personal notes. Facts are prime to flowing prose.
After Your Pitch
You’ve made your pitch to a blogger. Now what?
– Do take into account time zones whilst anticipating a reply.
– Do supply the blogger a threat to digest what you have pitched. Remember bloggers’ overflowing in packing containers.
– Do extra than clearly ask if your pitch was obtained. If you get a response from a blogger or if you follow up with a telephone name, do offer some interesting facts that your pitch did not encompass.
– Do keep on a conversation, but remind yourself that bloggers are those with the very last say. Besides being the creators, the bloggers are most probable authorities on the difficulty depend. Treat them with admiration. Relinquish control except requested to offer more enter.
– Do be sincere whilst answering questions. It’s crucial to suppress the urge to exaggerate the benefits of your product and the high-quality aspect of your information.
-Do recollect the nature of the website in which your piece will seem and comprehend that the reality will finally be discovered (consider all of the fairy stories you study as an infant). So, fess up any capacity conflicts up-front.
– Do hyperlink to the blog you are pitching if you have a blog of your very own.
– Do ship swag. Bloggers like complimentary merchandise that they regularly assessment, once in a while-while not having been requested. Exercise warning, however. Bloggers want to maintain their own credibility by remaining goal. So their critiques may not be wonderful once they offer a sincere opinion. Before sending something of the price, in fact, contact the blogger to see if they are involved.
What Not to Do
Here are pointers so that you don’t get on a blogger’s horrific aspect:
– Don’t make the massive mistake of being pushy with a blogger. Bloggers are typically their very own bosses; they’re in charge. Dictating when you want your data to be blogged or by way of what date your product needs to be reviewed is a no-no.
– Don’t pitch antique information; maintain it sparkling. Move onto something else in case your info has already been featured on popular blogs managing Web 2.Zero, social networking and content-sharing websites (e.G., del.Icio.Us, Facebook).
Remember — bloggers want to be a step ahead of newshounds. Otherwise, you will be wasting their time in view that maximum popular marketing bloggers acquire their news via RSS feeds. If they see a sale pitch, they may recognize you are not offering distinct content. Bloggers all look for authentic cloth, no longer data that makes them appear like they’re leaping on a bandwagon.