Whether you have a beautiful front yard or a lush green backyard, you know how important plants and trees are to maintain the greenery of your garden. Even if you have an aesthetically pleasing outdoor living place, the symmetry of trees, plants, flowers and shrubs play a significant role in uplifting its beauty.
Many a time people consider renovating their outdoor living space but forget about taking care of their plants, especially trees. Even if you have a few maple trees in your garden or palms, why not maintain them to preserve their greenery and in turn enhance the look of your entire paradise?
Besides, if you are planning to plant more trees in your extensive garden, then you must know that how important it is to take care of them during first few weeks since it will help them develop stronger roots and thrive.
Planting trees of various varieties and taking care of them can be a rewarding experience. So here are some tips that can help you maintain your garden by taking care of your trees-
1) Know what they need- Before you can satisfy their needs, you need to do some research on the types of trees that are growing in your garden. Similarly, when you are planning to buy tree saplings from a reputed nursery, do ask them about the needs for them to develop fully. Here are some questions that you need to find answers to-
- What amount of water do they need?
- What are the temperature requirements?
- What is the type of soil they thrive in?
- What weather conditions are they susceptible to?
2) Plant them at correct places- Some trees are sensitive to greater exposure to direct sunlight and planting them where the sun rays fall directly can affect them to a level that it can result in their death. Similarly, some trees cannot thrive well in a shady part of your garden. They require ample sunlight to initiate the process of photosynthesis. Therefore, attain the knowledge to find the difference and then use it while planting trees in your outdoor living space.
3) Prune them properly- Pruning is essential since it stimulates growth. However, improper pruning can actually affect trees negatively. Besides, pruning trees can prevent the dangling branches of the trees from reaching the roof of the house, which can cause blockages. Therefore, pruning helps keep your trees look green aside from assisting them in growing better.
4) Provide required nutrients- If you want to provide proper nutrients to your trees, then having a high quality and organically fertilized soil should be on your priority list. The soil in your garden should not be compacted; otherwise, it will be hard for the air, water and nutrients to reach the roots. Ensure to protect the roots and soil within the critical root zone of the tree.
5) Water effectively- To grow trees healthily; it is essential to water them according to their daily needs. Some trees can survive without an excess of water while some need a continuous supply of water. Therefore, sticking to sufficient watering is one of the best ways to care and maintain your trees and their greenery.